Welcome Librarians! Looking for more information about a service? Select a service from the menu on the left to get started or see if your destination is on this list of the most popular links for librarians:
POWER Library OER Commons Hub Launched!
We are excited to announce the launch of the POWER Library OER Hub, created to support PA educators through this upcoming, unprecedented school year and beyond. The hub is already populated with a handful of lesson plans created specifically for POWER Library application; they are ready to download and remix.
But as those of you familiar with OER are aware, an OER hub will only be as useful and effective as its members and their contributions. So this is a call to action. We invite each of you to dip your toes in the water by joining the POWER Library OER Hub:
Spring Training was cancelled due to the Coronavirus pandemic, and in-person gatherings are likely to remain a restricted activity for the foreseeable future. Therefore in an abundance of caution HSLC will offer Fall Training 2020 as recorded training only. HSLC will implement an online module for virtual POWER Library resource training which meets the standards librarians expect from our in-person trainings. We will also ensure online training qualifies for CE and Act 48 credits for our participants.
We hope to resume in-person training in Spring 2021, and until we see you again in person, we will see you on screen!
- Review a FAQ about the switch to e-resources from Gale
- Obtain e-resource links for your library
- Get the POWER Library Icon or Logo
- Get e-resource logos (subscription databases icons/logos)
- View a subject list of the e-resources
- Obtain POWER Library e-resource statistics
- POWER Library (PL) Code Look-up
Access PA Catalog & ILL System
- Access Pennsylvania Catalog (“Find books, movies, and more in a PA Library”)
- Statewide Catalog for Kids
- ALA ILL Form [PDF]
- Library Status Form
- Funding and Support Attribution
- Access Pennsylvania/POWER Library Participant Directory
- Updates from the Executive Director
- Instructions for Clearing Browser Cache and Cookies
- Whitelist Emails and Domains for POWER Library and Related Services