Access PA/POWER Library Fall 2014 training
The Access PA/POWER Library Fall 2014 training will be held in 8 locations across Pennsylvania and consist of 10 sessions with a continental breakfast provided. NOTE: The GoToTraining software being used for registration requires that each attendee register with a unique email address! Only one registrant per email address is permitted. Attendees will be given an hour for lunch on your own. Registration will begin at 8:15am, with all sessions (except Bethlehem Area P.L.) beginning promptly at 9am and ending no later than 3pm. The training schedule for your venue, along with directions, will be emailed to your attention one week before the scheduled session.
Important Note about Bethlehem Area P.L. Training Start Times
Sessions scheduled for Thursday, October 9 and Friday, October 10, at the Bethlehem Area Public Library will be on a different schedule as the library does not open until 10am.
Act 48 Information
Certified school librarians are eligible to receive Act 48 credit hours for attending a session. Act 48 credit forms will be provided at each session. Librarians from a public or academic library are eligible for CE credits. Certificates will be emailed to all attendees sometime in early November, 2014, upon completion of all of the training sessions.
The morning will consist of two concurrent POWER Library e-resources sessions. Attendees may attend the session that most meets their information needs. The Access PA/POWER Library Training Session Schedule is as follows:
Registration: 8:15am – 9:00am (Continental Breakfast)
Morning: 9:00am – 12:00pm
POWER Library e-resources Concurrent Sessions
- Session A: POWER Library Portal; eCard Registration Program; PA Photos & Documents; PA Job Resources; AP Images; Consumer Health Complete; Contemporary Authors; BookFlix; EBSCO eBooks; EBSCO Newspapers & Magazines
- Session B: EBSCOHost; Citation of Online Resources; POWER Library Statistics; AP Images; Contemporary Authors; EBSCO eBooks; BookFlix; SIRS Discoverer; CyberSmarts
Lunch: 12:00pm – 1:00pm
Afternoon: 1:00pm – 3:00pm
The afternoon will consist of an Access PA Update, including information on the Database RFP, VDX ILL System, and Updating Holdings.
Access PA/POWER Library Fall 2014 Training Sessions Schedule
- Monday, Sept.15, 2014: Northwest Tri-County IU #5, 252 Waterford Street Edinboro, PA 16412
- Tuesday, Sept. 16, 2014: PATTAN Pittsburgh, 3190 William Pitt Way, Pittsburgh, PA 15238
- Wednesday, Sept. 17, 2014: PATTAN Pittsburgh, 3190 William Pitt Way, Pittsburgh, PA 15238
- Wednesday, Oct. 8, 2014: James V. Brown Library, 19 E. 4th St. Williamsport, PA 17701
- Thursday, October 9, 2014: Bethlehem Area Public Library, 11 W. Church St, Bethlehem, PA 18018
- Friday, October 10, 2014: Bethlehem Area Public Library, 11 W. Church St, Bethlehem, PA 18018
- Thursday, October 16, 2014: Nittany Lion Inn, 200 West Park Avenue, State College, PA 16803
- Friday, October 17, 2014: Lancaster-Lebanon IU #13, Burle Business Park Office, 1020 New Holland Avenue, Lancaster, PA 17601
- Monday, October 20, 2014: Upper Merion Township Library, 175 W. Valley Forge Rd. King of Prussia, PA 19406
- Friday, October 24, 2014: Bucks County IU #22, 705 N. Shady Retreat Road, Doylestown, PA 18901
For directions or a map click on the location link for your session.