This migration update provides existing Collection Managers and others with information about the migration of PA Photos and Documents from CONTENTdm to Islandora.
Access the Collection Readiness Status file, watch the migration video, and more
Access the webinar convened on December 3, 2018, regarding the migration from CONTENTdm to Islandora, the webinar PowerPoint slides, and the Collection Readiness file. (If you need the password, please contact HSLC support.)
Ingestion of collections and content in CONTENTdm ended December 14, 2018.
When can new collections be added into Islandora?
- New collections from new and current participants will be accepted into Islandora after May 1, 2020.
- Current participants should continue to use the online application form for digital collections.
- New participants will need to submit a POWER Library PA Photos and Documents Application.
- Please keep digitizing and preparing collections!
- Can use spreadsheets to document metadata offline.
Migration Timeline (Revised 02/2020)
- December 2018
- Installation (Preparation of Islandora servers)
- Collections Assessment
- May 2019-September 2019
- Migration of collections ready to migrate
- September 2019-April 2020
- Collection Remediation
- Migration of collections requiring limited remediation
- March 2020
- Pennsylvania State Archives Go-live–links on POWER Library portal point to Islandora
- May 2020
- Migration of collections requiring extensive remediation
- NEW collections will be accepted into Islandora
- June 2020
- Main PA Photos and Documents Instance Collections “Go Live.” (Links on POWER Library portal point to Islandora.)
- First Quarter 2021
- PA Digital Harvest from Islandora
- April 2021
- CONTENTdm Server Sunset
Please contact HSLC Support with any questions.